Tuesday 16 December 2014

Workshop 9 - Choreographic Gaps

Sub-Question 2: How can I explore extremities in a dynamic through creative tasks?


[ THE PLAN ]
Within this workshop my plan was to work to the best of my ability to finalise and refine my solo, as this was my last preparatory workshop. I wanted to fill in any blanks that were missing, refine the material I already had and make amendments to any transitions that hadn't been set yet. I also wanted to do one last improvisation task to help me find interesting material in which I could use for transitions. After this I wanted to show my work to my tutor and receive some key feedback.

Here is some critical feedback I received from
my tutor Mandy Rogerson.

[ WHAT HAPPENED ]
I started by going over all the material I already had, marking at first, and then going over it properly. Trying to find more interesting ways to convey my movement to the audience, I used some more of the vibrating movement, hoping that this would add in interest within the piece. After this I went home and began improvising, I wanted to make sure I had a some material I could work from the next morning when sorting out transitioning.

[ FINDINGS ]
Through completing this workshop I have found that the recording of improvisation can really help to create a chunk of material, and find movement which wouldn't usually be explored. I have a much greater sense of what I can do with my body when improvising and I know how to carefully select and pinpoint key movements of interest to use.

[ EVIDENCE ]
See below some images and a link to a video clip from this workshop.
Workshop 9 - Choreographic Gaps





[ EVALUATION ]
Within this workshop I feel that I have completed my aims to a good standard, I have a good chunk of material and I am pleased with where I am at this point. Improvisation really seems to help me get where I need to be, and finds the more interesting of movements. However, I do feel that I should have recorded myself in the studio when rehearsing the material I already had, instead of just recording the new movement I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment