Wednesday 10 December 2014

Workshop 6 - Layered Dynamics 2

Sub-Question 3: How can I articulate the body fully in detail through the use of layered dynamics?


[ THE PLAN ]
For this session I wanted to revisit dynamic layering and look more to how it could be utilised as part of a travelling phrase. I wanted to create a phrase from either the corner or the side, which would travel whilst layering dynamic qualities to create a more interesting piece of movement. After this I wanted to feedback with my intern and discuss options for the final performance.

[ WHAT HAPPENED ]
After entering the studio we talked about what we did in the previous workshop, and how we wanted to continue on with that theme this time, and so we decided to do so. We both looked at the footage of what we had done previously and after this began creating new material. From this, I decided we'd share with each other and then give feedback following videoing the material.

[ FINDINGS ]
I found with this workshop that I was able to revisit material and planning from the previous workshop, I discovered something new in the material from the previous session and created more movement to add to the bank of material that I have been gaining throughout these sessions. As well as this I feel that I am now more knowledgeable in how to use layered dynamics, and so when I use them again I will feel more confident.

[ EVIDENCE ]
See below links to some video footage of this workshop.
Workshop 6 - Layered Dynamics 2 (Intern)
Workshop 6 - Layered Dynamics 2 (Me)

[ EVALUATION ]
Within this workshop I feel that I was able to complete my aims to a certain degree, I do not feel that enough effort was made to create longer material and, so in my next workshop I will try to make sure to give more effort and attention. Other than this it was successful, I believe that we explored to a sound degree and were able to find some new movement that could be used at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment