Monday 15 December 2014

Workshop 8 - Vibration

Sub-Question 2: How can I explore extremities in a dynamic through creative tasks?


[ THE PLAN ]
Within this workshop I wanted to focus on vibration, and how the body can use this in different ways. I planned to use both the lower and upper body to create a short phrase, consisting of just utilising one body part at a time, such as torso, shoulders, back, legs etc. From this I then wanted to look at the footage and take note of some of the interesting movements that came from this, then add them into my performance work.

[ WHAT HAPPENED ]
I started by using the whole upper body, vibrating as much as possible. I then moved through the back to the shoulders, pitching them forwards and from there moving into the arms and hands. From there I moved into the back, arching back and curving forwards, taking the movement into my head. From there I moved onto the lower body and experimented with the legs, lifting and vibrating them as much as possible without losing balance. After exploring these body parts I took note of which movements I liked the best, which was the leg and arm movement.

[ FINDINGS ]
Through this workshop I was able to find a new way of moving and teach my body how to vibrate through my muscles and joints. Finding interesting movement and a way for my body to articulate a new dynamic I have not explored previously. Through working in this way I now feel that I have found some confidence in executing types of movement that I have not tried before, and I think this will help me in the future as well as with this investigation.

[ EVIDENCE ]
See below; images, and a link to a video of this workshop.
Workshop 8 - Vibration





[ EVALUATION ]
Within this workshop I feel that I was able to complete my aims, finding a new way of moving when creating or performing. Using vibration as a dynamic was very interesting to me, and I really enjoyed exploring and creating material from it. This is definitely something that I will look at again in the future, possibly for my group choreography piece which will start soon. Something that I would have liked to change is that I would like to try exploring this in the studio, as I didn't realise that doing so in my apartment would limit me as much as it did space-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment