Thursday 4 December 2014

Workshop 4 - Improvisation 2

Sub-Question 1: How does the body respond when contrasting a dynamic?


[ THE PLAN ]
For this workshop my aims were to improvise using dynamic qualities as a contrasting tool, as in earlier workshops, I wanted to expand upon my vocabulary and improvise in more depth to help create a larger bank of material. I wanted to have my intern give feedback after my improvisation and then share ideas together on which parts of the material we could pull out and use to add into a phrase. And as well as this, reflect on the process afterwards.

[ WHAT HAPPENED ]
When entering the studio I felt ready to get right to it, however, I didn't have much time with my intern so my workshop had to be shorter than I'd hoped. We sat down and discussed what we would be doing in the session, and then followed on to improvise on our own for ten minutes to get our bodies prepared and ready to go properly. After this we recorded some improvisation and gave constructive criticism back to one another.

[ FINDINGS ]
I found during this workshop that sometimes you have to be ready for anything, I wasn't prepared for my intern having to leave early and so this threw me off a little and I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. I also gained some physical body knowledge, how my body can move freely without thought and give out some interesting movements to consider later.

[ EVIDENCE ]
See Below some video footage from this workshop.

Video Evidence Improvisation

[ EVALUATION ]
I feel that this workshop didn't go as well as my others so far, I could have done more to compensate for my intern leaving early such as working alone or asking my peers for help to gain more depth in this session. However through improvisation I did pull out some interesting movement that I would like to revisit or develop, so that I can maybe use it within the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment