Thursday 11 December 2014

Workshop 7 - Phrase Revisitation

Sub-Question 1: How does the body respond when contrasting a dynamic?


[ THE PLAN ]
Within this workshop I wanted to go back, looking at my base phrase and thinking about some new ways of moving within it. I wanted to try using different tools to re-develop my material such as, reversing the dynamic quality of everything (What ever I was doing fast do slow etc), reversing the whole material or using the space to pull it out further. From this I wanted to evaluate and comment upon the process.

[ WHAT HAPPENED ]
I chose to complete this workshop at home, as I have the space and I wanted to try creating within a new atmosphere. Which felt a little strange at first, but I soon got used to it and started recording. I began by going over the material and trying to figure out which parts are currently highlighted as the sharp/fast parts, and how could I work against that and develop the material into the opposite. Taking what once was one dynamic, and changing each movement to it's opposite dynamic. After video recording the workshop I watched it back to see what kind of effect it had, then made some notes on the process.

[ FINDINGS ]
From completing this workshop I have found that I can work independently outside of the studio and still achieve results, I can explore dynamics in more complex ways and take note of my own progress by looking at video footage, and still observe and critique myself even if there is nobody else there.

[ EVIDENCE ]
See below some images and a video footage link of me performing the phrase.
Workshop 7 - Phrase Revisitation



[ EVALUATION ]
I found that this workshop was successful and I was able to do what I had aimed for. My movement material was explored deeper and further than it had been, and this allowed me to broaden my vocabulary. I do feel though that if I had someone to critique me I would notice more, I would be able to put work into the things that I can't necessarily see wrong with the movement phrases and I would be able to gain a stronger connection to my movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment